|Office Tutorials & Software Solutions|
|Specializing in Advanced Spreadsheet & Office Macro Solutions.
|Copy text formats in Microsoft® Word|
|Tested on versions:||2000 (9.0) - should work on any version from Office 97|
Copying formats between blocks of text is easy when the right tool is applied: Word "Format Painter".
How it Works
Open the source and target blocks of text. They may reside on the same or different documents and can be
1) You have two blocks of text, one of which is correctly formatted:
2) Select the text block you want to use as format source:
3) Click on the Format Painter icon
4) Select the target text block and click the left mouse button to release the formats on the selected text:
5) Only formats that apply to ALL source block are copied. The bolds and underlines on the source block were not copied because they only apply to some parts of the text
6) If a single word is used as source, then it’s format is applied to all target block;
What if the Format Painter icon is not present on the toolbar?
Word toolbars are dynamic, at least from Office 2000. It means that some icons will be removed if unused. On the right side of the main toolbar, there is an “expansion” icon where hidden icons can be found:
If you can’t really find it, use the keyboard shortcut: CTRL + SHIFT + C
Can I know more about this subject ?
Check our FREE PC Tips and Tutorials. They will be regularly published. Better still, subscribe our Email Newsletter. You will be informed when contents updates are made and automatically granted participation on any future promotion.
(c) 2004 - 2021 OfficeHelp.Biz